Volunteer with Family Services!
- CASA volunteers are specially trained individuals who are appointed by a judge to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children throughout Essex County in the Lawrence, Newburyport, Salem, and Lynn Juvenile Courts. CASA volunteers visit with the children, gather information from everyone who touches their lives, advocates for their best interests, and puts all of this information into a court report, so that the judge can make informed decisions about the child’s future.
- All volunteers must complete a 40-hour preservice training.
- For additional information and for upcoming training dates, please contact CASA Director Sylvia Struss at 978-744-3000 or complete the form below.
- Family Services operates a variety of mentoring programs that match caring adults with children who could benefit from a positive adult role model.
- All mentors are required to commit to at least one year. Weekly or monthly time requirements vary by program. All mentors must complete a pre-service training and mainting ongoing contact with their mentoring supervisor.
- For additional information and for upcoming training dates, please contact Mentoring Director Leah Feroce at 978-327-6640 or complete the form below.
- The Samaritans relies on volunteers who are willing to be trained to help people who call our crisis help lines. Most callers are not suicidal but are feeling overwhelmed with life stressors. Crisis line volunteers are ordinary men and women who befriend others in distress by answering our 24 hour crisis line. We aren’t looking for experts – just dedicated individuals who listen to others, and provide positive support in complete confidence and without judgment.
- Samaritans’ trainings occur through two sessions. Interested parties must attend both. Volunteer must also complete 20 hours on the crisis line in the company of a trained volunteer.
- For additional information and for upcoming training dates, please contact Samaritans’ Director Debbie Helms at 978-327-6671 or complete the form below.
For more information about volunteering at Family Services, please contact us.