Making Proud Choices
Making Proud Choices (MPC) is an evidence-based curriculum for youth that interactively teaches skills for healthy decision making with the aim of preventing teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Facilitated on-site at schools or at other community locations, Family Services also integrates other adult preparation subjects into MPC classes, including healthy relationships, financial literacy, educational and career success, and life skills.
MPC graduates will have:
- Increased knowledge about prevention of HIV, STDs, and pregnancy
- Increased negotiation skills
- A lower incidence of HIV/STD risk-associated sexual behavior
- A stronger sense of pride and responsibility in making a difference in their lives
- An ability to maintain good emotional health
- An ability to effectively communicate and manage conflict
- A sense of financial responsibility.
Interested in bringing Making Proud Choices to your school or organization?
Family Services provides program facilitators, materials, and refreshments for all classes, as well as a celebration for students upon completion of the program.
Working together with school administrators, teachers and counselors to address specific needs, Family Services is able to adapt the program to many learning environments, including public and private schools, youth development centers and recreation organizations.
Making Proud Choices is provided through “Adolescent Sexuality Education” and “Personal Responsibility Education Program” grants from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, as well as private grants.
New community collaborations are always welcome!
To learn more about implementing the Making Proud Choices into your school or organization, please fill out the form below: